Best architectural visualization articles: February 2018
We are producing a lot more articles a month here in Blender 3D Architect, and sometimes you may missÂ some of them along the month. On average, we are close to 30-40 articles a month. It may not seem much, but when you look back to a full month list it is a lot of content.
Since we share some free resources and tips about Blender, we tough it would be a great idea to make a summary of articles at the end of each month. And starting today you will find on every first Monday of the month a summary of links from the previous 30 days.
How do we choose the articles? We will get the article list by the number of unique visitors to each page. From our reports, you should take a look at six articles that are among the top picks in February 2018.
The summery will grow with time because we have plans to double the number of articles we post every month!
Here are the articles:
- Blender 2.8: From layers to collectionsÂ – Here you will take a look at the new collections system of Blender 2.8 and make a comparison with the existing layers. I took a scene with some furniture objects and showed how to use collections to organize objects.
- Managing Furniture copies in BlenderÂ – Do you know when it is the best time to use simple or linked copies in furniture modeling? All that and a look at Blender's data-block system.
- Free CC0 seamless textures for architectureÂ – An incredible collection of creative commons zero textures with several options for architectural visualization, like tiles and stones.
- How to convert max files without 3ds MaxÂ – Do you know how to convert MAX files without the need of 3ds Max? In this articles, I will show you an online service that can convert MAX to OBJ.
- 3D Cursor: Your best friend in architectural modelingÂ – Learn about the uses of a unique feature in Blender, which is the 3D Cursor. Something that scares new users, but after a while, it proves to be an essential tool.
- How to choose a monitor for architectural visualization?Â – Do you know how to choose a monitor for architectural visualization? Learn in this article how to pick a good monitor to make the best possible renders.