Align textures to the camera and VRAM optimization: Blender 3D Architect Pro reports
We often post resources and tips here in Blender 3D Architect, focusing on architectural visualization using Blender, our primary objective. Our objective and mission are to show how you can use open-source tools like Blender in your work. As a way to expand the content published on the site, we started Blender 3D Architect Pro by the end of 2020.
What is Blender 3D Architect Pro? It is a subscription-based section of our site where we post weekly tutorials and resources. Today, we send two tutorials that subscribers and either download or stream. All tutorials have the goal of expanding our content and are always related to architectural visualization and Blender.
Last week, we posted two tutorials and another asset:
- Align cutout images to the camera: In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a simple rig that aligns your cutout textures to the camera. You can move and place the camera anywhere you want, and the rig will always rotate to point the texture to the camera. Download the Blender file to replicate the process in all of your projects easily. (MP4 + PDF + assets)
- Downloadable asset: Metal ceiling material: A PBR material that works great as a reference for some ceilings in retail spaces. You can download a Blender file ready for the Asset Browser. (blend file)
- Optimizing VRAM to render with Cycles: A common question that I often receive is how to reduce the overall size of textures to fit a project into a limited amount of RAM? That is particularly useful for graphics cards with tight amounts of VRAM. This tutorial shows how to use the Simplify option of Blender.. (MP4 + PDF + assets)
If you are a subscriber, check your inbox to download or stream the content. The download links don’t expire and will continue valid, even if you cancel the subscription.
The feedback from our subscribers has been fantastic, and if you are a Blender 3D Architect Pro subscriber, thank you!
Do you want to become a subscriber? We currently offer a 15% discount for new subscribers, and you can grab it here. The content is available from Gumroad, and you have several benefits:
- Cancel the subscription at any time
- Download or stream the content
- Available on both Desktop and Gumroad mobile App (iOS and Android)
- 120+ tutorials and source files (updates twice a week)
- You keep access to the content received during the period of your subscription
- 1 free workshop or course at the end of each month (New)
A new benefit introduced recently to all subscribers is the availability of a free workshop or course from Blender 3D Architect each month. As long as you have an active subscription by the end of each month, you will receive an access code to have a 100% discount.
Thanks again to all our subscribers that are supporting our work.